Friday, June 3, 2011

Ooga Muga

Talk about an easy wine to drink! Muga is one of those wines you can order with confidence. Hands down, everyone will be happy with your choice, especially if you’re dining at Tai Pol, a small Spanish restaurant in Chelsea. My girlfriend Amy introduced me to this neighborhood haunt a few months ago, claiming that the food there comes the closest to the delights she enjoyed in Spain. (Amy lived in Spain for almost 20 years, plus she is also a bona fide foodie, so you can imagine how excited I was to go there.) For me, it was love at first bite!

Last night was my third time back. My tummy could not have been happier.

As you might guess, I have tasted the entire menu. Which are my favoritos, you ask?

Patatas bravas = spicy potatoes (you will want two orders of these, they're that good)
Pimientos estilo gernika = green peppers w/sea salt
Garbanzos fritos = yup, fried chickpeas!
Pinchos morunos = lamb skewers
Pan con tomate y tres salsas = toasted baguette topped with tomato puree (this is also a “dos orders” dish)
And of course, the cured meats and cheese plate (but that goes without saying).

0 comments: